Saturday, August 21, 2010

Over The Hills And Off To Grandma's We Go!


A couple of weeks ago may family drove to St. Mary City, Maryland to visit my grandparents, my moms parents. We were not able to see them for seven and half months. So, it was great to visit them and spend some family time with them. Here is how my visit went.


We left early Sunday morning, August 8th, before the sun came up. It took us about thirteen and a half hours to get to St. Mary City. During the drive we watched movies and ate a lot of snacks. My favorite movie on the trip was "College Road Trip" with Martin Lawrence. Jason and I went to Half Price Books and bought two movies before the trip. This was one of them.


We arrived at my grandparents house at dinner time. The sun was slowly going down as we drove on the long gravel road leading up to my grandparents house. when you walk up to the house, you enter the back porch. There is plaid bamboo chairs and a couch to the right. An old refrigerator sits in the corner on your left. When you enter the door from the porch there is a green step and then you turn left and go up three steps to the kitchen door. If you keep going straight, you will take concrete steps to the basement.


Once you enter the kitchen, there is brownish vinyl flooring that looks like it is from 1969. There is a square kitchen table with four cushioned chairs. We do most of our eating at this table. If you sit at the kitchen table, there is a T.V. straight ahead of you sitting of a T.V stand.


Going through the kitchen you enter the dinning room. In the dinning room sits a long square dinner table with cushioned chairs surrounding it. There are piles of papers, coupons, mail stacked neatly on the table. A brown hutch with a mirror sits against the wall on your left as you enter the room. You will find candy, a CD player, and CD's laying around. A hummingbird chandelier hangs from the center of the ceiling. Grandma has put pictures on all the walls of family. Some of the pictures are of Adam, Allegra, and I as kids.


If you walk through and turn left, you will enter the living room. There is a grayish looking couch with a rocking chair in front of you when you walk in. An old upright piano sits to the right against the wall. Allegra likes to play the piano when she visits. A standing lamp sits next to the chair to provide light for reading. A coffee table divides the couch the the chairs.


There is a hallway leading to the bedrooms, bathroom, laundry room, and lining closet form the living room. Down this hallway is where the family sleeps. There is the twin bedroom. We call it the twin bedroom because there are two twin bed in there. There is also a T.V. The brown bedroom is at the end of the hall across from my grandparents room. I'm not sure why we call it the brown room. We have always called it that. The guest bedroom room sits behind the living room. I like to sleep on the porch. I love the couch out there and watching T.V.


My grandparents house is surrounded by trees and grass. Some of the trees were cut down since I last visited and so there are more tree trunks. There is also a creek behind the house where Adam likes to fish.


It is very quiet and relaxing at my grandparents house. I love to spend time with them, especially running errands with my grandmother. We spent most of the week just enjoying our family and the quiet time in the country. Unfortunately, the week went fast.


We left my grandparents house on Saturday, August 14th. We drove to Frederick, MD to see my moms college roommate Becky. We stayed the night in her condo and she made us spaghetti and bread sticks. It tasted wonderful!


On Sunday, August 15, we left Frederick, MD and drove home. It was a long drive. We arrived home at around dinner time. It was good to be home. It is always good to be home after a trip. Then I could see my good friend Jason!


I love really love my grandparents and enjoy seeing them. I hope I get to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment